New York American College Emergency Physicians
The New York American College of Emergency Physicians exists to support quality emergency medical care and to promote the interest of emergency physicians.
1. To establish guidelines for quality emergency medical care.
2. To encourage and facilitate the postgraduate training and continuing education of emergency physicians.
3. To encourage and facilitate training and education in emergency medicine for all medical students.
4. To promote education in emergency care for all physicians.
5. To promote the development and coordination of quality emergency medical and disaster management services and systems.
6. To evaluate the social and economic aspects of emergency medical care.
7. To promote education about emergency medicine for our patients and for the general public.
8. To encourage and support basic and clinical research in emergency medicine.
9. To promote policy that preserves the integrity and independence of emergency medical practice.
10. To encourage emergency physician representation within medical organizations and academic institutions.
11. To promote independent departmental status for emergency medicine within hospitals, medical schools, and medical staff structures.
12. To promote university available and cost effective emergency medical care.