Webster Chamber of Commerce Committees
This month's featured committee: Membership Services Committee
Membership Committee responsibilities include:
- Membership Recruiting and Retention
- Contact New Members and Guests of Chamber Events to welcome them and answer any questions they may have
- Coordinating the New Member Luncheon
- Coordinating Eat, Drink, and Connect Events, including Noon-Time Networking Events
- Membership Minute presentations at monthly Breakfast Before Business meetings
- Business of the Month Presentations
- Business Person of the Year Nominations and Community Service Information for the Board
- Special Projects such as,
- Putting together a list of Chamber Benefits for Millennials and then working with the Marketing and Communications Committee to develop the best way to market to them
This committee is responsible for Breakfast meeting programs; securing speakers with timely general “non-sales” programs of interest to most Chamber members. The committee meets as needed.
Membership Services Committee
This committee is responsible for growing and retaining members; arranging After Hours events; seeking nominations and approvals for Business of the Month and Business Person of the Year. The committee meets on the third Friday of the month at the Chamber office at 7:30 a.m.
Marketing & Communication Committee
Responsibilities include the Chamber’s website and social media sites; marketing collateral; media releases; newsletter; advertising and Chamber branding. The committee meets monthly and is scheduled month to month.
This committee is responsible for Power Hour presentations; educational workshops, seminars and conferences sponsored by the Chamber. The committee meets monthly at a time best for all members.
This committee is responsible for all Chamber policies, procedures, and compliance documents including the code of conduct and the By-Laws. They meet quarterly at an agreed-upon time.
This committee is formed annually by the Board of Directors with the task of finding nominees for the positions opening on the Board. It is formed in March and work is completed the first week of May each year.